DOSING & ADMINISTRATION OF FLONASE® ALLERGY RELIEF
Convenient, once-daily dosing with Flonase® Allergy Relief1
Adults (18 or older)
- Use 2 sprays* in each nostril once a day. Do not use more than the recommended dose.
- If your symptoms are under control after 1 week of use, use 1 spray in each nostril once daily.
- If you need to use daily for longer than 3 months, check with a doctor.
- Do not use more than the recommended dose.
Pediatrics and Adolescents (<18 years of age):
Flonase® Allergy Relief is not recommended in this patient population.
Geriatrics (>65 years of age):
No dosage adjustment is required in patients over 65 years of age.
It is important to use Flonase® Allergy Relief regularly for the recommended treatment duration, preferably in the morning.
* Total daily dosage = 200 mcg.
Flonase® Allergy Relief provides relief and works best to relieve allergic rhinitis symptoms when used daily.1-3 Patients may start to feel allergy relief the first day and full effect after several days of regular, once-daily use.1
Do this when:
- Starting a new bottle
- Haven’t used it in a week
- Just cleaned nozzle
Otherwise go to step 3
5 Breathe and spray
- Flonase® Allergy Relief Product Monograph. GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Inc. August 23, 2016.
- MedlinePlus. Nasal corticosteroid sprays. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/patientinstructions/000404.htm. Accessed April 1, 2014.
- Data on file. GSK group of companies. 2016.